28 thematic workshops of 1,5 hours were designed and organised by maritime stakeholders. They covered the following themes:
- aquaculture & fish processing
- blue circular economy
- blue economy at local level
- climate action
- digitalisation, AI & big data for maritime
- green shipping
- marine bio-economy
- maritime security & surveillance
- maritime spatial planning
- ocean energy
- ocean literacy, maritime skills & people
- sea basin cooperation (including outermost regions)
- port tech clusters
- sea basin cooperation
- smart specialisation in blue economy value chains
- sustainable blue growth financing
- sustainable tourism, coastal communities
The full programme is available on a separate website.
Role of workshop coordinators
They design an interactive workshop, define the objective(s), identify speakers and manage their session on site.
Role of the European Commission
The European Commission ensures the general coordination and information for the workshops and provides the logistics related to the rooms, equipment (computer, screen, WiFi, sound equipment), catering, communication with the European maritime community… Organisers can concentrate on organising the content, speakers and moderator of their workshop and on advertising it within their own network. Please note that travel & accommodation for speakers is not covered by the conference budget.
The presentations of the workshops will be published on this website.