We would like to share an APImpresa project with The National Library of Portugal, thought in 2010, under the objective of enhancing and aggregation content in Europeana.
EU.Cultimedia: a best pratice network which aims at improving the aggregation of digital content in Europeana, comprised of a consortium of partners from 12 European countries, involving national libraries, national and international associations, content providers (press agencies and digital editions of magazines and newspapers), universities, research centers and technological institutions.
It adresses the following actions:
- Aggregation of existing digital cultural content (e.g. books, audiovisual, sound, archival records, newspaper) held by cultural institutions from across Europe;
- Alignment of metadata and mapping with the specifications of Europeana;
- Improvements in the interoperability between the content management systems of the individual content providers and the Europena platform.
For publishers, it extends the selling points:
- High rate of contacts / exposition through Europeana;
- Aggregation of contents that lead always to a selling on line even for apparently outdated content, namely through the aggregation of paid content together with free content.
- Direct dialog with European National Libraries aiming to reduce the importance of free contents, introducing the principle of paid contents.