The power of non-state organizations and forums is growing as they play an increasing role in addressing various challenges – e.g. the various Mayors' organizations, NGOs, expert groups – challenging but also complementing the standard policymaking organizations; therefore, coordination and cooperation among the different actors should increase.
- Decentralized self-supporting organizations will spread to help cope with hyper-changes.
- Increasing independent, solo-preneurship and flexible work systems lead to loss of hierarchy, improved living standards and changes to the governing systems. | Related Megatrends: Work
- Permanent parliamentary "Committee for the Future" (like the one in Finland) should be established in all countries, to provide foresight for government and improve policymaking.
- Future strategy units for heads of State and Government should cooperate with corporate, UN, EU, and academic future strategy units to improve international strategic coherence and coordination.
- “Democracy 4.0” should be expanded to enable comprehensive and transparent participation in the decision-making process
Related Megatrends: Technology; Geopower; Security
|Knowledge service | Topics | Specific keywords|