A tool to guide policymakers and the general public through the complexities of international migration.
An online tool and reference book making data on migration in 198 countries accessible for policymakers, researchers and the general public.
Access the: Atlas of Migration interactive tool
Get the reference book: Atlas of Migration - 2019
Migration remains a top concern for EU citizens. By making global migration data easy to access and use, the Atlas of Migration 2019 addresses one of the priorities of the new European Commission for the decades to come.
The Atlas of Migration brings together harmonized, up-to-date and validated data on the status of migration and demography in 28 EU Member States and 170 non-EU countries and territories.
The interactive online tool is underpinned by a continuously updated data repository and presented on a dynamic platform. It shows the latest available data, through charts which are interactive so users can make and print country/territory profiles that are shaped to their needs.
The reference book presents the available data on a range of migration-related fields in a format that is easy to access and to understand. This provides a snapshot of migration around the world at a particular moment in time.
• Worldwide coverage of data for 198 countries and territories: 28 EU Member States and 170 non-EU countries and territories
• Brings together harmonised, validated global data from 12 international sources
• Contains data on 60 different indicators related to demography, migration, asylum, integration and development
• For EU Member States, covers 25 indicators including demography, migration, asylum applications and outcomes, residence permits, Schengen Visas, naturalisation and indicators on integration
• For non-EU Countries and Territories, covers 36 indicators on demography, migration, asylum, international legal frameworks, drivers of migration such as human and economic development, and some implications of migration, such as remittances and urbanisation