The JRC has put in place a network of National Contact Points (NCPs) whose mission is to act as intermediaries and operational contact points between the JRC and stakeholders from the scientific community, industry and public authorities in their respective countries.
Our NCP network is the main source of information about the JRC in all Member States and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries. All other thematic areas of Horizon 2020 also operate networks of NCPs.
The JRC NCPs are nominated by the relevant national authorities in their country. Their main tasks relate to:
- raising awareness about the JRC in their country;
- providing information about the JRC to relevant stakeholders in their country;
- advising and supporting relevant stakeholders regarding the practical modalities to collaborate with or work at the JRC;
- fostering the contacts and collaboration between the JRC and scientific stakeholders in their country;
- acting as a source of information and support for JRC activities in relation to their country.