The European Learning Initiatives for Nuclear Decommissioning and Environmental Remediation (ELINDER) is a training programme in nuclear decommissioning.
ELINDER is organised in a set of complementary training courses, providing a common qualification.
- 5 Generic Courses serve as a general introduction to nuclear decommissioning
- 7 Specific Courses address more in depth a topic linked to decommissioning
- E-learning provides a complementary introduction to the nuclear discipline
The ELINDER courses are open to:
- students at the end of their education cycle
- young or experienced professionals and managers who change their career orientation towards nuclear decommissioning
Nuclear decommissioning projects encompass all technical and management actions associated with ceasing operation of a nuclear installation and its subsequent dismantling to remove it from regulatory control, including the environmental remediation of the site.
Nuclear decommissioning is an activity that is expected to expand in the European Union: the industry needs highly motivated, qualified and experienced personnel in the near future.
ELINDER is coordinated by the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) in collaboration with several partners including European universities and institutes specialised in the nuclear sector. The courses, including visits and practical studies, are provided by each partner in different European countries.