As part of the Smart Specialisation Platform (S3P) , the Stairway to Excellence (S2E) , project is centred on the provision of assistance to the 13 Member States who joined the European Union in 2004 and subsequent years with the aim of closing the innovation gap and promoting excellence in Europe.
The Cohesion Policy and the synergies with the research and development funds: the "Stairway to Excellence (S2E)" is a European Parliament Pilot Project executed by: DG-JRC (IPTS) and DG-REGIO .
Activities of S2E project:
- Raise awareness of the actions needed to enable synergies between different EU funding programmes for research and innovation;
- Share experiences in combining funding from Structural Funds and Framework Programme to improve excellence in R&I systems
- Draw lessons for the future.
- National and Regional Fact & Figures, a set of statistical indicators on the deployment of FP/H2020 and Structural Fund/ESIF for each of the EU13 countries and regions
- S2E Country Reports for each EU13 countries
Synergies Examples between different innovation-related EU funding
Further S2E information on synergies between European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), Horizon 2020 (H2020) and other EU funding programmes:
The latest S2E activities/updates, includes:
- Announcements for or presentations from S2E National Events
- Related documents or links