Please use our online catalogue for ordering both nuclear and non-nuclear reference materials and read our
Sales Conditions for CRMs
Non-nuclear reference materials
Reference materials can be purchased directly from IRMM or one of our five authorised distributors
Orders can be placed via the online catalogue, per email or fax:
European Commission, Joint Research Centre
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurement
Standards for Innovation and sustainable Development Unit
attn. Reference Materials Sales
B-2440 Geel, Belgium
Tel.: +32 (0)14 571 705
Fax: +32 (0)14 590 406
From our authorised distributors
IRMM has five authorised distributors, which store and distribute materials on IRMM's behalf. These distributors are audited by IRMM and the details about the storage conditions at their premises are transmitted to IRMM on a bi-monthly basis. This ensures that materials at our distributors are stored under exactly the same conditions as at IRMM and IRMM also guarantees the validity of certificates shipped by them.
LGC Standards GmbH
Mercatorstrasse 51, D-46485 Wesel, Germany
Tel.: + 49 281 9887 0 Fax: + 49 281 9887 299 E-mail: email@example.com
lgc standards service partners
Sigma-Aldrich Chemie GmbH
Industriestrasse 25, CH-9471 Buchs, Switzerland
Tel.: + 41 81 755 2828 Fax: + 41 81 755 2815 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Sigma-Aldrich/Fluka suppliers
P.O. Box 1346, 2931 Soldier Springs Road, Laramie, WY 82070, USA
Tel.: + 1 307 742 5452 Fax: + 1 307 745 7936 E-mail: RTCsalesgroup@sial.com
1 Perimeter Road, Suite 200 Manchester, NH 03103, USA
Tel.: +1 (603)935-4100 Fax: +1 (603)935-4101 E-mail: email@example.com
4 Indianapolis Road, Kyalami Business Park, Kyalami 1684, Republic of South Africa
Tel.: +27 11 466 4321 Fax:+27 11 466 4611 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices and sales conditions are freely determined by each distributor and can be obtained from them on request. They can provide advice and help in ordering and importing reference materials.
From other distributors
In line with the general right for re-selling, several other companies act as re-sellers for our reference materials. However, if samples are purchased through other than IRMM's authorised distributors, the IRMM cannot be held responsible for the non-integrity of the materials (especially in case of potentially unstable materials) nor, for the inaccuracy and/or incompleteness of the accompanying information (certificates, reports, etc.). Please do not hesitate to contact us in cases of doubt about the accuracy/authenticity of information provided.
Nuclear reference materials (Uranium, Plutonium, Thorium)
Nuclear reference materials (materials containing Uranium (U), Plutonium (Pu) and Thorium (Th)) can only be ordered directly from IRMM. Please send orders either via our online ordering system or by email to email@example.com.
end use undertaking statement
must be provided for each order. The end use undertaking statement must be:
- an ORIGINAL document, not a copy;
- be prepared on the end-users / consignee's headed note paper;
- signed and dated by the end-user / consignee;
- contain the appropriate wording;
- include a description of the goods;
- include the quantities to be exported.
Facsimile or photocopies of the end use undertaking are not accepted. To avoid delays please complete all the required sections, in English if possible.
“Nuclear explosive activity” includes research on or development, design, manufacture, construction, testing or maintenance of any nuclear explosive device or components or subsystems of such a device.
“Unsafeguarded nuclear fuel-cycle activity” includes research on or development, design, manufacture, construction, operation or maintenance of:
- any reactor, critical facility, conversion plant or fabrication plant, reprocessing plant, plant for the separation of isotopes of source or special fissionable material, or separate storage installation, where there is an obligation to accept International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards at the relevant facility or installation, existing or future, when it contains any source or special fissionable material which is not being met, or
- any heavy water production plant, where there is an obligation to accept IAEA safeguards on any nuclear material produced by or used in connection with any heavy water production therefrom which is not being met, and also includes any such activity where there is no such obligation.