Smart Specialisation Platform: this is a collection of tools that are either described in their respective webpages but also in part in the following reports:
- Jens Sorvik and Alexander Kleibrink, 2015. Mapping Innovation Priorities and Specialisation Patterns in Europe, JRC Working Papers JRC95227, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
ICT monitoring tool:
- Jens Sorvik and Alexander Kleibrink, 2016. Mapping EU investments in ICT - description of an online tool and initial observations, JRC Working Papers JRC102233, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
ESIF viewer: Builds on more or less same data engine as the ICT monitoring tool.
- Mikel Navarro, Juan Jose Gibaja, Susana Franco, Asier Murciego, Carlo Gianelle, Alexander Kleibrink, Fatime Barbara Hegyi, 2014. Regional benchmarking in the smart specialisation process: Identification of reference regions based on structural similarity, JRC Working Papers JRC89819, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
EU Trade tool:
- Thissen M. et al. (2013), Regional Competitiveness and Smart Specialization in Europe, Edward Elgar. http://www.elgaronline.com/abstract/9781782545156.xml
- Gianelle C. et al. (2014), Smart specialisation in the tangled web of European inter-regional trade, European Journal of Innovation Management, 17(4): 472-491. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/EJIM-10-2013-0113