This technical report provide the background information for the revision of the EU Ecolabel criteria for Personal and Notebook Computers. The study has been carried out by the Joint Research Centre with technical support from the Oeko-Institut. The work has been developed for the European Commission's Directorate General for the Environment.
The main purpose of this report is to provide a summary of the technical background and rationale for each criterion proposal. This document is complemented and supported by the preliminary and technical background reports, which consists of a series of task reports addressing:
- Scope and definitions (Task 1 report),
- Market analysis (Task 2 report),
- Technical analysis (Task 3 report),
- Improvement potential (Task 4 report),
- Technical background report with criteria proposals (Task 5 report).