The present inception report aims to describe the process for defining indicators in line with the terms of Work Package 1 of the Technical Annex for "A Monitoring and Assessment Framework for the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing" (MAFEIP) agreed between DG CNECT and DG JRC. It provides initial thoughts on the shaping of the MAFEIP based on IPTS' own research and taking account of the data and knowledge gained through discussions with the Expert Groups and also provided by the EIP on AHA Action Groups since their inception in June 2012, including:
• Information provided by stakeholders in the First Call for Commitment (June 2012)
• Knowledge obtained through interaction with partners during the Action Group meetings held between June and November 2012 and information sent by the partners on the monitoring framework of their individual commitments.
• Meetings and intensive interaction with the Expert Group on the monitoring framework (June - November 2012)
• Results of and decisions made at the 6 November 2012 EIP on AHA 1st Conference of Partners, with objectives and implementation detailed in the final Action Plans.
• Information provided by stakeholders in the Second Call for Commitment (February 2013).
• Data gathered from Action Groups' partners through the "Survey on the monitoring of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA) closed in March 2013.
• Data received from the Reference sites (April 2013), more specifically data on the 71 Good Practices submitted by those Reference sites.
The objective of this inception report is therefore to propose some initial considerations, both from a theoretical and operational point of view, taking into account the methodological proposal agreed towards the definition of a Monitoring Framework for the EIP on AHA.