- The bioeconomy generates 4.1% of the EU GDP and employs 8.2% of the EU labour force.
- Concomitant growth in value added and reduction in number of persons employed resulted in apparent labour productivity gains over the period 2008 - 2015.
- Each bioeconomy sector follows its own dynamics, which can also differ from one EU Member State to another.
- Looking at dynamic similarities across Member States can help differentiating bioeconomy strategies according to distinct Member State groups for a finer targeting.
- Numbers are partly based on estimates, following nova-Institut's methodology