Analysis of the ICT industry and its R&D
A comprehensive research programme providing and analysing data on the ICT industry and its R&D, in the EU and beyond.
The research programme includes:
- analysing data on the size and distribution of public and private investments in R&D in the ICT industry in the EU and in other major and emerging economies;
- analysing R&D investments made by top R&D investing ICT companies globally;
- analysing ICT patenting worldwide;
- analysing the increasing internationalisation of ICT R&D;
- analysing development of the ICT industry in BRICS countries, such as, China, India and Brazil, and
- modelling economic performance of ICT R&D.
More information:Prospective Insights on R&D in ICT
and Patent intelligence for policy support
Mapping of European poles of excellence in ICT
This research aims to define, identify, analyse and monitor the existence and progress of current and future poles of excellence in ICT in Europe to develop a clear methodology in order to identify poles of excellence among the many European ICT clusters, to benchmark them with non-European poles, to observe their dynamics, and to offer a thorough analysis of their characteristics.
Analysing innovation and industrial policies in ICT in the EU
A research effort that aims to improve our understanding of the nature and factors of ICT and ICT-enabled innovation in the digital economy.
Investigating the EU media and content industry
Research on the media and content industries (MCI) to investigate the current status and dynamics affecting specific MCI sub-sectors setup. It significantly contributes to the understanding and debate about the economic health and development conditions that would support the future competitiveness of the European MCI within the digital economy.