- Are you working at national, regional, and local level in government, parliament, academia or civil society on improving the use of scientific evidence for policy-making?
- Would you like to learn more about Europe’s best practice in evidence-informed policy-making?
- Would you be interested in developing your ideas and projects for stronger science for policy eco-systems with like-minded professionals from all over Europe?
Then register now for the events of the workshop series on "Strengthening and connecting eco-systems of science for policy across Europe" between September 2020 and May 2021.
Register online for the workshop series.
The Covid-19 pandemic has arguably highlighted the importance of robust scientific advice to policymakers. As part of the JRC's efforts to promote sound evidence-informed policy-making across Europe, a series of short, virtual workshops about 'science for policy eco-systems' will be organised between September 2020 and May 2021.
The workshops give opportunity to
- take stock, discuss and exchange experiences
- co-create ideas and projects for structures, mechanisms and instruments for strengthening evidence-informed policy-making across Europe
They come in two types:
- "single element" workshops: for an audience with a specific interest in a particular part of the multi-facetted evidence for policy eco-systems as it is applied across EU countries
- "single eco-system" workshops: for a group of officials and science for policy professionals from one Member State who discuss - with a group of international experts - one Member State's eco-system's good practices, lessons learnt, success factors and bottlenecks.
Time line (September 2020 and June 2021)
"Single element" workshops
- 8 Sept 2020 "Science for policymaking at the centre of national government"
- 7 October 2020 "Science for policymaking in Parliaments"
- 4 November 2020 "Science for policymaking by national academies"
- 2 December 2020 "Science for policymaking by Public Research Institutes and Universities"
- February 2021 "Science for policymaking in regions"
- March 2021 "Science for policymaking: institutionalising knowledge brokerage"
- April 2021 "Science for policymaking with citizens"
- May 2021 "Science for policymaking in cities"
- May 2021 "Schools and training systems for science for policymaking"
- June 2021 "Science for policymaking by regulatory agencies"
"Single eco-system" workshops
"Single eco-system" workshops will be launched in September-October 2020. The selection of country cases is still to be discussed with interested parties.
Between September 2020 and May 2021, this series of workshops will bring together policymakers, civil servants, academics, and experts from across Europe.
- Member state governments
- Regional and local authorities
- National parliaments and regional legislative assemblies
- Civil society organisations
- National academies
- Science-policy interface organisations at international/European level: INGSA, ESAF, OECD, SAPEA, ALLEA
- Entities engaged in science communication