Opening session: Why does an adequate and stable food supply require global measures?
- Dominique Ristori, Director-General, Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
,Présidente Directrice-Générale de l'Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique – INRA
- Ann Tutwiler, Vice Director-General, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, (FAO)
First session: Agricultural production and sustainability: Will availability and access to resources (land, water) be the key determinants in future patterns of food production?
, United Nations, Chief Scientist, United Nations Environment Programme
, Director, Copa-Cogeca (Committee of Professional Agricultural Organisations - General Confederation of Agricultural Cooperatives)
Monty P. Jones
, Executive Director, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, co-winner of the 2004 World Food Prize
Moderator: Mikael Karlsson, President, European Environment Bureau
Second session: Market information and transparency, food prices volatility in particular in the poorest countries.
- HE Mohamed Ibn Chambas, Secretary-General of the African, Carribean and Pacific Group of States
, Team Leader, Agricultural and Rural Development Department, World Bank
Joachim von Braun
, Director of the Center for Development Research (ZEF), and Professor at University of Bonn, Germany
, Head of Unit, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Moderator: Cristian Hera, Vice President, Romanian Academy
Third session: Global governance: Can a better governance of food supply and demand be the most efficient path to food security?
- Hervé Lejeune, G20 French Presidency, General Council for Food, Agricultural and Rural Areas, Ministry of Agriculture, France
Sir Gordon Conway
, Professor of International Development, Imperial College, London
, Director of Campaigns and Policy, OXFAM
- Steve Howard, Founder and Secretary General, The Global Foundation
- Jean-Louis Chomel, Head of Unit, DG Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid, European Commission
Moderator: Sir Brian Heap, President, European Academies Science Advisory Council, former Foreign Secretary, The Royal Society
Fourth session: The need for innovation: Where and how will science and technology, including bioeconomy, contribute to food for all?
, Scientific Director, Cemagref, the French Research Institute in Sciences and Technologies for Environment and Agriculture
- Maive Rute, Director for Biotechnologies, Agriculture and Food, Research and Innovation DG , European Commission
, Director, Joint Research Centre: GAM (Global Agriculture Monitoring) with MARS
Moderator: John Bensted-Smith, Director, Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
- José Manuel Silva Rodriguez, Director-General, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
Sir John Beddington
, UK Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Dominique Ristori, Director-General, DG Joint Research Centre, European Commission