Administrative, advisory, linguistic and equivalent technical tasks
Eligibility criteria for this function group
Candidates must have
- completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma, or
- when in a Member State of the European Union access to a profession of an equivalent level to function group IV is by State examination, professional training or any other equivalent procedure (e.g. chartered accountant and auditor, or professions in the armed forces or police), the authority authorised to conclude contracts of employment may agree to recognise this qualification as being equivalent to a university degree, or
- in exceptional circumstances and where justified in the interests of the service, professional training of an equivalent level.
Only diplomas and certificates that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are the subject of equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the said Member States shall be taken into consideration.
Sample employment contract
Salary and remuneration
Staff in this function group are graded, as explained below, according to the relevant professional experience they have. Military or equivalent service is counted as professional experience, training periods such as for a master’s degree or PhD may also be considered. Professional experience may be taken into account from the date on which the candidate meets the minimum qualifications for the function group:
- grade 13 less than 5 years of professional experience
- grade 14 between 5 and 9 years of professional experience
- grade 15 between 9 and 13 years of professional experience
- grade 16 between 13 and 17 years of professional experience
- grade 17 between 17 and 21 years of professional experience
- grade 18 21 years or more of professional experience
Classification is typically in the first step of the relevant grade.