Clerical or secretarial tasks, office management and other equivalent tasks
Eligibility criteria for this function group
Candidates must have
- a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or
- a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to postsecondary education, and appropriate professional experience of three years. In this context professional experience is considered to be appropriate if it has been obtained in one of the areas of activity of the European Commission following the award of the diploma giving access to this function group, or
- following completion of compulsory education, a total of eight years of:
- appropriate professional training and/or
- professional experience of an equivalent level involving tasks similar to those that the member of the contract staff will be required to perform.following completion of compulsory education, a total of ten years as a member of staff of the European Union and including training provided by the institution in a field relevant to the duties to be carried out, or
- in exceptional circumstances and where justified in the interests of the service, professional training or equivalent professional experience; the Joint Committee shall be informed annually of the use made of this provision.
Only diplomas and certificates that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are the subject of equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the said Member States shall be taken into consideration.
You can find more information in the employment conditions of contract staff.
Sample employment contract