The high-level event on "Scientific Support to the Danube Strategy" will bring together personalities of the countries of the Danube Region, of the scientific community and EU policy makers. The event aims at fostering synergies in economic, environmental or social issues with a multilateral dimension and seeks to discuss the role innovation plays for economic growth and the creation of jobs in the Danube Region.
- The event includes several parallel technical workshops on the JRC flagship clusters on 24-25 June. Please note that participation to the workshops is upon invitation only.
- The high-level event will take place on 25 June starting at 11:30 with an opening session followed by an interactive lunch session where the JRC presents three concrete examples of its scientific support given in the frame of the Danube strategy. To register to the event please fill in the registration form
Five round-tables allowing for interactive discussion between scientists and policy makers will take place at 14:30 on the following subjects:
- The Danube Reference Data and Services Infrastructure
- The Danube Innovation Partnership
- The Danube Air Nexus and the Danube Bioenergy
- Water modelling in the frame of the Danube Water Nexus
- Financial design of transnational R&I projects and the role of Smart Specialisation
Panel discussion on the Danube Strategy: "Opportunities for Research and Innovation in the Danube Region" follows at 16:30.
The event will also check on the progress made in the frame of different scientific flagship clusters in order to further fine-tune them to the needs of the decision-makers in the Danube Region. Thus the region would benefit of a more evidence-based policy making. The four thematic clusters focus on the key resources of the Danube Region, namely water, land and soils, air, and bioenergy.