The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) is a leading organisation in Europe committed to promoting in vitro toxicology, strengthening networking and knowledge sharing, and advancing education and research in the field of alternative methods. This ESTIV 2016 congress - the 19th International Congress on In Vitro Toxicology for Safety Assessment - will emphasise how new technologies can strengthen the interpretation and application of in vitro methods in toxicological research and risk assessment.
The JRC's EURL ECVAM will have a strong and active presence at ESTIV 2016 with JRC researchers being involved in many different sessions including:
• The public debate session on the regulatory application of Integrated Approaches to Testing and Assessment
• Organisation of the pre-conference workshop on moving carcinogenicity assessment forward
• Informing stakeholders about a new screening methodology for identification of endocrine disrupting substances, co-developed by the JRC
• Chairing and contributing to a session on novel approaches for assessing combined effects from exposure to multiple chemicals
• Promoting a Toxicokinetics Strategy for individual and combined exposure to chemicals highlighting In vitro to In vivo Extrapolation
• Updating the community about progress made in regulatory acceptance of non-classical methods in the skin sensitisation
• Sharing the latest developments around the OECD Adverse Outcome Pathway Knowledge Base
EURL ECVAM will also be present with a stand in the ESTIV 2016 exhibition where a whole range of activities will take place to facilitate informal engagement between JRC scientists and conference participants. So come along and see us if you plan to attend ESTIV 2016 !