The European Commission, in collaboration with the Università Cattolica "S. Cuore" in Milan, is organising the Counterfactual Methods for Policy Impact Evaluation 2016 (COMPIE 2016) conference.
Keynote speakers: Michael Lechner (University of St. Gallen) and Jeffrey Andrew Smith (University of Michigan)
The aim of the conference is to bring together policy makers and researchers to discuss developments in counterfactual methods applied to the impact evaluation of policy interventions, with a focus on EU employment and social policies.
Paper submissions: 1 April - 30 May 2016 via the online application tool
Acceptance decision: 31 August 2016
Authors may be asked to present their paper in the poster sessions.
The event will consist of plenary, contributed, organized and poster sessions. Plenary sessions will host the keynote speaker; the contributed sessions and the poster sessions will include contributed papers submitted through the call for papers; organized sessions will host papers that evaluate EU or nationally-funded interventions.
See the final programme
The event will host the round table "Policy Making with Administrative data: is there a EU dimension?" on 21 October.
The round table will be moderated by Prof. Claudio Lucifora (Università Cattolica, Milan). Participants include:
- Prof. Tito Michele Boeri, Università Bocconi and President of the Italian National Social Security Institute (INPS)
- Prof. Joachim Möller, Director of The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA)
- Prof. Daniele Checchi, Università degli Studi di Milano and Director of Luxembourg LIS Office
- Prof. Nuno Crato, Joint Research Centre (JRC) / Former Minister of Education Portugal (2011-2015)
- Prof. Michael Rosholm, Aarhus University
- Erich Battistin, Queen Mary, University of London
- Sascha Becker, University of Warwick
- Alex Bryson, UCL London
- Marco Caliendo, Potsdam University
- Lorenzo Cappellari, Univ. Cattolica, Milan
- Bart Cockx, Ghent University
- Beatrice d'Hombres, European Commission, JRC
- Markus Froelich, University of Mannheim
- Jochen Kluve, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin
- Santiago Loranca-Garcia, European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Claudio Lucifora, Univ. Cattolica, Milan
- Paolo Paruolo, European Commission, JRC (Chair)
- Enrico Rettore, University of Padova
- Michael Rosholm, University of Aarhus
- Sylke Schnepf, European Commission, JRC
- Frank Siebern-Thomas, European Commission, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Jan van Ours, Tilburg University
- Daniele, Vidoni, European Commission, DG Regional and Urban Policy
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, University of Bonn
Register online until 30 September 2016. In order to register, please read the detailed instructions on how to create an account and register via our online system.
Università Cattolica “S. Cuore”, Largo A. Gemelli, 1, 20123 Milan, Italy.
There is NO hotel special fare for conference participants, although you can find a variety of hotels close to the venue