The training (26-28 September 2016) will offer the lessons learnt from the JRC assessments on more than 100 well-known composite indicators and scoreboards.
- to present the concepts of composite indicators and scoreboards and discuss similarities/differences, strengths/weaknesses, policy uses;
- to provide guidelines on shaping the theoretical framework;
- to offer practical examples on the dataset preparation;
- to highlight the implications of the conceptual and methodological choices;
- to underline the importance of conceptual/statistical coherence;
- to offer an Excel-based tool for assessing a composite indicator/scoreboard.
The training is open to all (researchers, policy analysts) with an interest in scoreboards, composite indicators and multi-criteria analysis. No registration fees.
The following day, 29 September 2016, the 2016 Annual meeting of Community of Practice on Composite Indicators and Scoreboards will take place. The purpose of this one-day event is to bring together policy analysts and researchers from the European Commission, international organizations, think tanks and the academia, to foster a practical exchange of experiences across a wide range of key policy areas that are monitored through composite indicators and scoreboards.
Joint Research Centre, Building 36, Amphitheater, via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027, Ispra (VA), Italy.
14th JRC Annual Training on Composite Indicators and Scoreboards:
2016 Annual meeting of Community of Practice on Composite Indicators and Scoreboards:
Panel I: Indices & Scoreboards for Policy – Uses and Misuses
Panel II: Indices & Scoreboards for Policy – Tools and Platforms
Panel III: Indices & Scoreboards for Science – Methods & Insights