From 13th to 15th November 2018, the Joint Research Centre hosts the IAMC 11th Annual Meeting in Seville, Spain.
The purpose of the IAMC Annual Meeting is to:
- present and discuss the state of the art in integrated assessment modeling;
- review the status of ongoing community activities including both multi-model studies and the activities of the IAMC Scientific Working Groups;
- facilitate interaction with collaborating communities;
- evaluate and revisit the priorities of the integrated assessment community.
The Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC) is an organization of scientific research organizations that pursues scientific understanding of issues associated with integrated assessment modeling and analysis.
The IAMC has three core missions.
(1) The IAMC facilitates and fosters the development of integrated assessment models (IAMs), peer interaction and vetting of research associated with IAMs,
and the conduct of research employing IAMs, including model diagnosis, intercomparison, and coordinated studies.
(2) The IAMC promotes, facilitates and helps to coordinate interactions between IAMC members and members of other scientific research communities studying
climate change such as the Climate Modeling (CM), the Impact, Adaptation, and Vulnerability (IAV), and the technology and engineering communities.
(3)The IAMC provides a point of contact with other institutions and organizations that use the science results of the IAM community, such as the
Further info at IAMC Website