The Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) is composed of
- the Unit Head of the SN3S Unit, who is also the chairman,
- four external independent international experts in relevant research fields,
- the cluster coordinators of the Nuclear Data cluster and the Radionuclides cluster,
Responsibles of the JRC-IRMM nuclear facilities contribute to the PAC meetings as advisors.
The present members of the PAC are:
Wim Mondelaers, IRMM, JRC-Geel, Belgium (Chairman of the PAC)
Pierino De Felice, National Institute of Ionizing Radiation Metrology, ENEA, Roma, Italy
Cyrille de Saint-Jean, Laboratoire d'Etudes de Physique, CEA, Cadarache, France
Frank Gunsing, n_ToF collaboration, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
Arnd Junghans, Institute of Radiation Physics, HZDR, Dresden, Germany
Arjan Plompen, JRC-IRMM, Geel, Belgium (Nuclear Data cluster coordinator)
Mikael Hult, JRC-IRMM, Geel, Belgium (Radionuclides cluster coordinator)
The PAC will assess these proposals on the basis of the following criteria:
- scientific importance and quality,
- originality and innovative aspects,
- feasibility and quality of data that can be obtained,
- use of the ‘uniqueness’ of JRC-IRMM infrastructure,
- ability of JRC-IRMM to satisfy the needs of the proposal,
- involvement of young scientists: participation of young students preparing their PhD or postdocs with a PhD obtained during the five previous years is highly appreciated.
The PAC will also group the supported experiments in two categories: collaborative experiments and associated experiments. Criteria to attribute an experimental proposal to the group of collaborative projects are:
- research activity complementary to the institutional work programme of the SN3S Unit,
- external expertise valuable for the research performed at the SN3S unit,
- exploratory research for the development of new scientific concepts or testing of new equipment relevant for the research within JRC,
- importance for the strategic goals of the Euratom Work Programme.
The PAC is in charge of ranking the proposals. Once an external user proposal is approved, it will also be the task of the PAC to define the maximum hours of measurement time that will be supported and to fix the financial limits of the user support for collaborative projects (travel, accommodation and subsistence).
A list with titles of the accepted proposals will be published here.