Address in Petten:
Westerduinweg 3, NL-1755 LE Petten, The Netherlands
Postal address: P.O. Box 2, NL-1755 ZG Petten, The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 (0)224 565656 (switchboard)
Petten is located 16 km north of Alkmaar. The JRC is situated in the research park in the Petten dunes just north of the village Petten. The JRC has its own separate entrance.
Travelling by car
From the south or east:
- At the junctions of the A4 (Den Haag), the A2 (Utrecht) and the A1 (Amersfoort), follow signs for Haarlem (A9) and then continue to Alkmaar (A9). At the roundabout joining the A9 to the Alkmaar by-pass (verkeersplein Kooimeer; south of Alkmaar) follow signs to Den Helder (N9).
At Burgervlotbrug roundabout: second exit (direction Petten).
At the first roundabout just before Petten: first exit (direction European Commission).
After about 4km, turn left at sign European Commission - JRC.
From the north:
- Driving on the N9, at the Sint Maartensvlotbrug roundabout take the first exit to Sint Maartenszee
Take the second exit in the direction of Petten at the next roundabout (N502). Turn right to the GCO/JRC about 50 m after the Gulf tank station.
Travelling by public transport
Visitors arriving at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport are requested to travel by train to Alkmaar as follows:
- At the airport, take the train direction Amsterdam CS which calls at Amsterdam Sloterdijk. Note that there are more trains going to Amsterdam CS but not all stop at Sloterdijk.
- At Amsterdam Sloterdijk (the second station) change trains for the train direction Alkmaar and Den Helder.
- At Alkmaar go through the exit with escalator (direction bus, taxi). From Alkmaar to the JRC in Petten a taxi would be most convenient. Taxis should be immediately in front of the station.
Bus 151 Connexion direction Julianadorp at every hour. It will take approximately 35 minutes. You get out in front of De Goudvis (ask driver). For your information Petten is at ±20km from Alkmaar Station.
Pre-Booked Taxis from Schiphol Airport
For certain meetings and events your contact person at the JRC may arrange pre-booked transport. If you have been informed that such transport has been arranged please follow the instructions below:
If transport is offered from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the JRC, passengers from flights and trains are to report to the meeting point, where our taxi drivers can be recognised carrying the "JRC Petten" board.