The adoption of the Paris Agreement on climate change and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development marks a historical international commitment to the objective of a more sustainable economy and society.
How to mobilise the necessary financing for green and sustainable investments?
The conference on "Promoting Sustainable Finance" will aim to provide answers to this question.
The two-day event allows researchers to promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge between academics, professionals and policy makers.
Please register online for this event.
- The path to Sustainable Finance: how responsible investors shape the companies they own
- Greenhouse Gas disclosures: are companies meeting the information needs of their Institutional Owners?
- Towards EU Sustainable Finance 2050: where do we expect to be by when?
- Greenhouse Gas Data
- Green Bonds & Green Banking
- Low Carbon Transition & Activities
- Low carbon Indices & their design
- Institutional Investors
- Ecolabels & Retail Investors
- Valdis Dombrovskis, European Commission Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue
- Bo Becker (Gösta Olson Professor in Financial Economics, Stockholm School of Economics)
- Adair Morse (Associate Professor of Finance, University of California at Berkeley)
- Pedro Matos (Professor of Business Administration (Finance), University of Virginia at Darden)
CALL FOR PAPERS
To provide a broad view and to include various approaches to the topic of sustainable finance, the organisers are calling for the submission of policy-relevant research papers.
Topics, questions and more details on the call for papers (PDF)
Extended abstracts or, preferably, full papers should be submitted by 7 December 2018.
The cover page should include the
- Title of the paper,
- Abstract and JEL classifications
To submit an extended abstract please email JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu
Authors of papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified by 19 December 2018.
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts or full papers: 7 December 2018
- Notification of paper acceptance: 19 December 2018
- Deadline to submit full papers and presentations: 30 December 2018
- Conference dates: 8-9 January 2019
Contact & organiser
The conference is organised by the European Commission's Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance (TEG) and the Community of Practice in Financial Research (CoPFiR).
Should you have any questions, please contact JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu.