The European Commission’s and the European External Action Service's vision of the future EU-Africa partnership proposes to work together on five key global trends.
- A Partnership for the Green Transition and Energy Access
- A Partnership for Digital Transformation
- A Partnership for Sustainable Growth and Jobs
- A Partnership for Peace, Security and Governance
- A Partnership on Migration and Mobility
The Commission and EEAS’ proposals set out practical ways to work together to implement the partnership.
Today’s Strategy with Africa is the roadmap to move forward and bring our partnership to the next level. Africa is the European Union’s natural partner and neighbour. Together we can build a more prosperous, more peaceful and more sustainable future for all.
These proposals build on a growing momentum in EU-Africa relations. Deepening cooperation based around shared interests and values will enable both sides to achieve their common goals and to tackle global challenges.
The proposal sets out not only the opportunities and challenges faced within each of these fields, but also 10 clear action points as a basis for future cooperation.