Key data protection documents
- The privacy statement explains how the European Commission ensures the protection of personal data for the part of IMI that falls under the Commission’s responsibility.
- Data protection at a glance summarises key data protection issues that arise when using IMI.
- The user guidelines tell you everything you need to know about data protection in IMI.
- A diagram shows how long personal data is retained in IMI.
- In some Member States, national exceptions or limitations may apply.
- The rules on data protection in the EU institutions are set out in a regulation.
- The European Commission has taken a decision on the security of information systems it uses.
Transparency and data protection in administrative cooperation procedures
IMI has been designed as a toolkit for use in different legal areas and different workflows.
To understand these workflows better, look at the question sets, forms and lists used in IMI which are provided here in the interests of transparency and data protection.