What the Commission is doing
Regional policy is delivered through 3 main funds:
Together with the European agricultural fund for rural development (EAFRD) and the European maritime and fisheries fund (EMFF), they make up the European structural and investment (ESI) funds.
- strong research, technological development and innovation
- access to, and use and quality of, information and communication technologies
- competitive small business
- shift towards a low-carbon economy
- adaptation to climate change, risk prevention and management
- environmental protection and resource efficiency
- sustainable transport and better transport infrastructures
- sustainable and quality employment and labour mobility
- promote social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination.
- investments in education, training and lifelong learning
- more efficient public administration
Economy, finance and the euroSingle marketEmployment and social affairsBusiness and industryResearch and innovationEnergyClimate actionEnvironmentMaritime affairs and fisheriesTransportDigital economy and societyCulture and mediaEducation and trainingPublic healthEuropean neighbourhood policyFraud preventionDepartments