Who is this page for?
If you collaborate with the European Commission, you will probably use the digital platform M365. Here you will find instructions on how to access it.
I have been invited to collaborate with European Commission Staff. What next?
A member of European Commission staff has invited you to collaborate with them on the Commission’s M365 digital platform. If this is the case, you should have received an email in your inbox. Please check your spam or junk folder as well.
Open the mail, and click on "Open Teams" or "Accept Invitation". The process will guide you through authenticating your account and granting you access.
To access the M365 platform, you need to sign-in and authenticate as a guest.
Only after successfully authenticating in the M365 platform will you be able to collaborate with Commission staff in Teams or join a meeting in Teams.
It is important to know that the method of signing-in depends on the type of account your email address is.
Different account types
There are two different scenarios that could apply:
if you are using Microsoft services (Office 365 or Azure AD), you can log in with your usual authentication method.
if you do not have an account with Microsoft, you can authenticate with a one-time password (OTP) or create a Microsoft account to authenticate with a password.
Logging in with a Microsoft account:
- after clicking on the “purple button” in the email, you will be asked to enter your email address and password, for the Microsoft account
- if you have Microsoft 365 at your organisation, you will be asked to authenticate as normal
- after authenticating, you will be guided to the Commission’s M365 platform
Note: If you have an email address ending with Outlook, Hotmail or Office (they are all Microsoft accounts), you can sign into M365 and Teams with your email account and password.
- if you do not have a Microsoft account, keep the email invitation to connect to the Team in the future. It will be your quick access “ticket in” to re-authenticate in a simple manner
- if you lose it, you may ask your contact at the Commission to remove you and re-invite you back to the team
Logging with a One-Time Password:
on the “Sign in” dialog box, select "Send code”
you will now receive an account verification code. This is called a “one-time password” (OTP) verification. Copy the code
now enter the code you copied in the verify email dialog box and click on “Sign in”
review permission and click on “Accept”
Once you have followed all the steps and are logged into the EC M365 platform, you will be able to access the Guest Portal. There you can manage your “guest account”. To verify if you have logged in correctly, try accessing the Guest Portal. If you get an error message, please make sure you followed all the steps under the “Sign-in” section.