Policy and strategy
Policy reforms at national level will be mutually reinforced and complemented through the development of EU-level policy initiatives, research, networking, partnering, coordination, data collection and monitoring and evaluation.
Areas of intervention
- strengthening the evidence base for research and innovation policy, for a better understanding of the different dimensions and components of national and regional research and innovation ecosystems, including drivers, impacts, associated polices
- foresight activities, to anticipate emerging needs and trends, in coordination and co-design with national agencies and future-oriented stakeholders
- support for policy makers, funding bodies, research performing organisations (including universities) or advisory groups working on the European Research Area and related policies
- accelerating the transition towards open science, by monitoring, analysing and supporting the development and uptake of open science policies and practices
- support for synergies between research and innovation and higher education policies and programmes, in particular towards a modernised higher education sector, benefitting from targeted transformations in higher education, research, and innovation
- support for interconnected knowledge ecosystems, strong in knowledge creation, circulation and use
- strengthening research careers, to ensure research and innovation talents benefit from attractive careers, and a highly skilled workforce can circulate freely
Apply for funding
All funding information and details on how to apply are on the Funding and Tenders portal
Funding opportunities under Horizon Europe are set out in multiannual work programmes, which cover the large majority of support available.
The work programme for this area is expected in mid-June 2021.