Some measures at EU level are required to adapt the EU’s legal framework to the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020.
These adaptations may be “readiness measures” (i.e. measures to be adopted in any case); or measures to implement the Withdrawal Agreement, including the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland.
In terms of legal form, these measures may be legislative acts adopted by the EU co-legislators, delegated acts, implementing acts, or other measures.
Below you will find a list of measures published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Channel Fixed Link:
- Amendment of the notion of “national safety authority”
- Empowerment of France to negotiate, sign and conclude an international agreement with the UK
- Safety authorisations and safety certificates
SPS – “listing” of Great Britain and the Crown Dependencies
- Aquaculture animals
- Fresh meat
- Leporidae and others
- Dairy products
- Hay and straw
- Fishery products and others
- Plants and plant products (I)
- Plants and plant products (II)
- BSE status
- Certain meat products
- Porcine semen
- Bovine semen
- Bovine embryos
- Ovine and caprine semen
- Residue monitoring plan
Legislative measures to implement the Withdrawal Agreement, incl. the IE/NI protocol
Disease-free status of Northern Ireland:
- Terrestrial animal diseases
- Aquatic animal diseases
- Diseases in aquaculture animals and wild aquatic animals
- Foot-and-mouth disease, classical swine fever, avian influenza and Newcastle disease