The proposal for a regulation on crowdfunding, adopted by the European Commission in March 2018, will enable crowdfunding platforms to easily provide their services across the EU. Platforms will have to comply with only one set of rules, both when operating in their home market and in other EU countries. For investors, the proposal will provide legal certainty as regards the applicable protection rules.
To complement the new regulation on crowdfunding, the Commission has also adopted a proposal for a directive amending Directive 2014/65/EU on markets in financial instruments (MiFID 2).
- Commission proposal for a regulation on European Crowdfunding Service Providers (ECSP) for Business
- Commission proposal for a directive amending MiFID 2
- Impact assessment accompanying the proposals
- Summary of the impact assessment accompanying the proposals
- Press release
- Frequently asked questions