On 29 June 2017 the Commission launched a proposal that will provide pension providers with the tools to offer a simple and innovative pan-European personal pension product (PEPP).
The PEPP, one of the key measures of the Commission’s action plan to strengthen the capital markets union, aims at helping consumers save for retirement.
- Text of the proposal
- Impact assessment and feedback
- Recommendation on the tax treatment of personal pension products, including the PEPP
- Press release
- Frequently asked questions
- Factsheet: A pan-european personal pension product - 26 June 2017
- Infographic: A pan-european personal pension product
On 13 February 2019 the EU permanent representatives formally backed the Commission's proposal for a regulation on a pan-European personal pension product (PEPP).
Following today's approval, the new Regulation has to be formally adopted by the European Parliament and the Council before it can enter into force.