EU Funding for Roma integration
For the 2014-2020 period, the Czech Republic will be allocated a total of €22 billion in EU funds (current prices), out of which €16 billion will come from the European Social Fund (ESF) and the European Regional Development Funb (ERDF). At least 22.1% of this amount will be spent on the ESF, with at least 20% of that going towards promoting social inclusion and combating poverty. The latter could also finance Roma-related measures.
- Communication in 2015 on the implementation of the EU framework for national Roma integration strategies
ESF managing authorities
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (OP human resources and employment), Na Poříčním právu 1/376, 128 01 Praha 2
- Ministry of education, youth and sports (OP education for competitiveness), Karmelitská 7, CZ-118 12 Praha 1
ERDF managing authorities
- Ministry for regional development (integrated OP), Staroměstské náměstí 6, CZ-110 15 Praha 1
- Prague City Hall, Department of EU Funds (OP Prague - Adaptability), Mariánské nám. 2, CZ-110 00 Praha 1
Facts and figures
The Council of Europe estimates that there are approximately 250,000 Roma living in the Czech Republic (1.93% of the population).
National Roma integration strategy
Among the strategy’s top priorities is the peaceful co-existence of members of Roma communities and the rest of society.
Assessment of the Czech Republic’s strategy implementation
In 2014 the Commission adopted its assessment on the progress made in the implementation of the national Roma integration strategies in the 4 key areas of education, employment, healthcare and housing, as well as in the fight against discrimination and the use of funding.
National contact point
The contact point for the national Roma integration strategy is the Office of the government council for Roma minority affairs (EN), Inter-ministerial Commission for Roma Community Affairs | Rada vlády pro záležitosti romské men (CZ), Rada vlády pro záležitosti romské menšiny je stálým poradním a iniciačním orgánem vlády v oblasti romské integrace.
Contact person: Ms Klára Jůnová - email@example.com