The European Commission has opened today registrations for this year’s European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2022. Under the theme “Going green and digital for Europe’s energy transition”, the event will take place from 26 to 30 September.
EUSEW is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. It includes a series of activities aimed at building a sustainable and secure energy future for Europe. For the first time, this year’s EUSEW will be organised in a hybrid format, both online and physical. Participants are invited to register as of today, and can chose to join the event on-site at the in Brussels or online to engage in discussions on different issues linked to the overall theme.
Based on previous editions, over 4500 participants including public authorities, energy policy experts, private companies, NGOs, EU project partners, researchers and consumers are expected to attend.
EUSEW 2022 highlights include
- The EUSEW Policy Conference, from 26 to 29 September. Main topics include REPowerEU, the digitalisation and integration of energy systems, energy efficiency, renewables, consumers and a fair energy transition, decarbonisation policies and international cooperation. Sessions are organised by the European Commission and energy stakeholders and include high-level speakers to discuss, debate and share best practices.
- The prestigious Awards Ceremony for the European Sustainable Energy Awards, taking place on 26 September, in the presence of Commissioner for Energy, Kadri Simson, recognising individuals and projects for outstanding efforts across four categories: innovation, local energy action, woman in energy and young energy trailblazer.
- The third edition of the European Youth Energy Day , taking place on 26 September within the activities of the 2022 European Year of Youth.
- A series of networking activities during the whole week where participants can connect with other members of the sustainable energy community, including a hybrid energy fair that gives organisations and associations the opportunity to showcase their initiatives and interact with participants and a series of energy talks.
- The EUSEW extended programme, from 19 to 23 September, featuring 40 sessions leading up to the EUSEW Policy Conference.
- From June to September, locally organised Sustainable Energy Days taking place around the world to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Launched in 2007 by the European Commission, EUSEW is organised by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) in close cooperation with the European Commission's Directorate-General for Energy.
16 June 2022