Travel documents

Information on travel documents for crossing the border into another EU country, and for your spouse, children or other relatives.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Information about the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for your temporary stay in any of the 27 EU countries.

Passenger rights

Information about your rights when flying and travelling by train, bus or ship.

Driving abroad

Information on driving licence and insurance when travelling abroad, traffic rules and hiring a car in another EU country.

Taking animals, alcohol, tobacco and more

Rules on carrying animals, plants, alcohol, tobacco, and cash when travelling within the EU.

Mobile roaming charges

Roam like at home means you can use your mobile phone in any EU country without additional roaming charges.

Transport security and emergencies

Information on your rights and what to expect when going through airport security, and on emergency numbers.

Package travel and timeshare

EU rules on package travel and other forms of combined travel and timeshare and practical information for consumers.