If you need to take a small case against a party in another EU country you can use the European small claims procedure. This procedure offers a streamlined process for claims of up to €5000. You make the claim in your local court even if the other party is in another country.

  • You don't need to hire a lawyer to start a Small Claims Procedure
  • However, the process may involve some costs. You will usually, for example, have to pay a court fee in your local court and, in cross border cases, may have to pay to have documents translated. In some instances, these costs will be reimbursed if your case is successful.
  • The judgment you obtain will be valid for all EU countries, except Denmark.