About this consultation
The following categories of stakeholders have been identified for this initiative:
• Academic/research institutions
• Business associations: associations of producers, importers or distributors of machinery (or parts)
• Company/business organisations: manufacturers, importers and distributors of machinery (or parts)
• Consumer organisations (professionals/workers using machinery, private users of machinery)
• Environmental organisations
• EU citizens
• Machinery safety consultants
• Non-EU citizens
• Non-governmental organisations (NGO)
• Notified bodies
• Public authorities (authorities that enforce machinery rules)
• Standardisation organisations
• Trade unions
Why we are consulting
Stakeholders are consulted (a) to confirm the issues identified by the evaluation of the Machinery Directive [SWD(2018) 160] and (b) to indicate through facts, data and knowledge, the areas to be improved and/or simplified in the Directive.
Responding to the questionnaire
You can contribute to this consultation by filling in the online questionnaire. If you are unable to use the online questionnaire, please contact us using the email address below.
Questionnaires are available in some or all official EU languages. You can submit your responses in any official EU language.
For reasons of transparency, organisations and businesses taking part in public consultations are asked to register in the EU’s Transparency Register.
Personal data and privacy statement
The European Union is committed to user privacy. When carrying out public consultations we adhere to the policy on 'protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions', based on Regulation 45/2001 on processing of personal data by the EU institutions.
Further information on the protection of your personal data