About this consultation
Five broad categories of stakeholders have been identified for this evaluation:
• Public authorities in the Member States, including those responsible for the implementation of the Radio Equipment Directive, the GDPR, the ePrivacy and the non-cash payment Directive. It will be important to understand views and specificities not only of national but, where applicable, also of regional and/or local competent authorities.
• Economic sectors operators and their trade organisation representatives and EU level umbrella organisations (hereafter "business and trade organisations") using the Radio Equipment Directive to place their equipment on the EU/EEA/EFTA market.
• Civil society representatives, citizens, research and academic communities.
• Third parties, like for example EEA/EFTA countries.
• Organizations involved in demonstrating compliance with the RED (Notified Bodies, European Standardization Organizations or test labs) and other experts.
Why we are consulting
Stakeholders are consulted to (a) indicate whether an action is needed on privacy, data protection and/protection from fraud in wireless or wearable devices, (b) provide information on a broad range of wireless devices , and (c) express their level of trust in the digitization of conventional goods.
Responding to the questionnaire
You can contribute to this consultation by filling in the online questionnaire. If you are unable to use the online questionnaire, please contact us using the email address below.
Questionnaires are available in some or all official EU languages. You can submit your responses in any official EU language.
For reasons of transparency, organisations and businesses taking part in public consultations are asked to register in the EU’s Transparency Register.
Personal data and privacy statement
The European Union is committed to user privacy. When carrying out public consultations we adhere to the policy on 'protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions', based on Regulation 45/2001 on processing of personal data by the EU institutions.
Further information on the protection of your personal data