About this consultation
Inclusion of persons with disabilities in society is matter of general interest, for this reason all citizens and organizations are invited to contribute to this consultation.
Qualified contributions are particularly sought from:
- Persons with disabilities and their families
- Organizations representing persons with disabilities
- Officers of public administrations at EU, national and local level involved in social policy and/or who are responsible for the management and implementation of European funds (notably the European Social Fund - ESF and the European Regional Development Fund ERDF).
- Social workers
- Organizations and NGO's active in the field of disability
- Companies and businesses active in the delivery of services for persons with disabilities or active in the field of assistive technology
Why we are consulting
The Commission wishes to know citizens’ and stakeholders’ opinion on the activities carried out by the EU since 2010 for the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities at EU level, and for the better inclusion of persons with disabilities into society.
These activities were carried out through a wide set of initiatives which are a part of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020.
The information collected will be used to assess what has been achieved during the 2010-2020 period. It will also help the Commission to draw lessons on how to improve disability policy in the future, making it more effective and focused.
Responding to the questionnaire
You can contribute to this consultation by filling in the online questionnaire. If you are unable to use the online questionnaire, please contact us using the email address below.
Questionnaires are available in some or all official EU languages. You can submit your responses in any official EU language.
For reasons of transparency, organisations and businesses taking part in public consultations are asked to register in the EU’s Transparency Register.
Personal data and privacy statement
The European Union is committed to user privacy. When carrying out public consultations we adhere to the policy on 'protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions', based on Regulation 45/2001 on processing of personal data by the EU institutions.
Further information on the protection of your personal data