About the programme
The €4.2 billion Single Market Programme will strengthen the governance of the EU single market. It will help to
- make the internal market work better with measures including improved market surveillance, problem-solving support to citizens and business, and enhanced competition policy
- boost the competitiveness of businesses, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- develop effective European standards and international financial and non-financial reporting and auditing standards
- give even higher protection to consumers
- maintain a high level of food safety
- produce and disseminate high-quality statistics
The programme brings many activities together under one coherent umbrella to reduce overlaps. It focuses investment where it will have most impact.
COSME, European Statistical Programme (ESP), Reporting and Auditing, Enhancing consumers involvement in the EU policy making in the field of financial services, Food and Feed, Consumer Programme
Impact and performance
Legal texts and factsheets.