Informing citizens about the CAP
The European Commission co-finances projects to inform the public about the common agricultural policy (CAP). Projects can include:
- TV features on agriculture and innovation;
- farm visits;
- information campaigns;
- audiovisual and media activities;
- apps for smartphones and tablets.
Any person or legal entity such as associations or national authorities can participate in the call for proposal, published once a year. European rules set out two aims for all information measures:
- to explain and raise awareness on the EU support to agriculture and rural development through the CAP;
- to engage with farmers and other actors in rural areas, and for them to further communicate to their constituencies and the wider public about the CAP.
Call for proposals for 2022
The 2022 call for proposals for support for information measures relating to the CAP will close on 25 January 2022.
Information relating to the 2022 call for proposals is available on the funding and tenders portal.
The 2023 call for proposals will be published on the portal towards the end of 2022.
Resources for 2022 information measures
2021 call for proposals
The 2021 call for proposals was open from 30 October 2020 until 21 January 2021. Further information on the 2021 call for proposals, including conditions, updates, and a list of the measures funded, is available on the funding and tenders portal.