Informing citizens about the CAP
The European Commission co-finances projects to inform the public about the common agricultural policy (CAP). Projects can include:
- TV features on agriculture and innovation;
- farm visits;
- information campaigns;
- audiovisual and media activities;
- apps for smartphones and tablets.
Any person or legal entity such as associations or national authorities can participate in the call for proposal, published once a year.
European rules set out two aims for all information measures:
- to explain and raise awareness on the EU support to agriculture and rural development through the CAP;
- to engage with farmers and other actors in rural areas, and for them to further communicate to their constituencies and the wider public about the CAP.
The publication and opening of the calls for proposals are available in the EU official journal.
Applications must be submitted via the funding and tender portal. Information on the related activities and instructions for applicants on how to submit the proposal are available on the portal.