The Virtuous Circles event in Bucharest, Romania, on 6th December 2018 included a High Level Round Table with EU Commissioner for the Environment, Karmenu Vella, was chaired by Ms Gavrilescu (Deputy Prime-Minister and Minister of Environment) with the participation of:
- Paul Stănescu Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Regional Development and Public Administration
- Ana Birchall Vice Prime Minister for Romania's Strategic Partnerships' Implementation
- Dănuţ Andruşcă, Minister of Economy
- Rovana Plumb, Minister of European Funds
- Ştefan-Radu Oprea, Minister for Business Environment, Commerce and Entrepreneurship
- Ioan Deneş, Minister of Waters and Forests
Discussions focused on how Romania can best adapt systems to successfully implement separate collection of waste and extended producer responsibility, how to ensure good coordination amongst the various ministries dealing with circular economy, and how to best finance the transition to more sustainable use of materials. Expert interventions came from Carmen Duran of the Spanish Ministry of Environment.