The European Commission is organising this year’s annual forum to promote diversity and inclusion at the workplace.
Since the principle of equal pay for men and women introduced in the Treaty of Rome in 1957 and gender equality directives adopted since the 1970s, after almost 20 years of the Race Equality and Employment Equal Treatment Directives, 10 years of the voluntary initiative network of the EU Platform of Diversity Charters and four years of the Strategic engagement for gender equality 2016-2019 and European Commissions’ List of Action to advance LGBTI equality, a lot has happened in the field of equality, non-discrimination and diversity in Europe.
It is time to take stock, how these and other developments have influenced equality in Europe and at the workplace, to see how can we all advance the discourse of diversity and inclusion, how role models can make a change and what is needed from the leaders.
The Annual Forum will bring together around 200 diversity experts, businesses, civil society and public sector representatives.
For further questions please contact us at JUST-DIVERSITY-FORUM@ec.europa.eu
- 16 May: 13.00 - 14.00 (Europe/Brussels)
Registration & Welcome coffee
- 16 May: 14.00 - 14.30
Moderator of the day: Michael Stuber, Owner Manager of European Diversity – Engineering D&I
- Tiina Astola, Director General, DG Justice and Consumers
- Cathy Van Remoortere, Director of Department Labour Market and Inclusion, Actiris
- 16 May: 14.30 - 16.00
Keynote speech & Panel discussion ‘Reflections on diversity & inclusion – past, present and future’
- Keynote by: Emilia Roig, Founder of the Center of Intersectional Justice in Berlin
- Aminata Cairo, Lector Inclusive Education at The Hague University of Applied –Sciences
- Kaspars Zalitis, Founder of the Latvian Diversity Charter
- Deyan Kolev, Chairman, Center Amalipe
- Rebekah Smith, Deputy Director in the Social Affairs department, BUSINESSEUROPE
- 16 May: 16.00 - 16.30
- 16 May: 16.30 - 18.15
Keynote speech & Panel discussion ‘More diversity in the top - can we overcome the challenge?’
- Keynote by: Martin Theobald, Member of the Board of Völklinger Kreis e.V.
- Jaleh Bradea, Chief D&I Officer, Vivendi
- Adnan Basaran, Founder at The Inclusion Partners
- Allyson Zimmermann, Executive Director, Europe, Catalyst
- 16 May: 18.15 - 18.30
- Irena Moozova, Director for Equality and Union Citizenship, DG Justice and Consumers
- 16 May: 18.30 - 21.00
Rainbow Reception to mark the IDAHOT Day