This one-day TEW organised together with FIT Europe focuses on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for translators and interpreters using a multi-disciplinary approach.It involves different stakeholders, from graduates at the start of their career, to mid-career and highly experienced professionals and highlights the importance of keeping abreast of new technology.
- CPD at the European Commission
- Common CPD guidelines developed by FIT Europe and best practices of some Member Associations
- Bridging the gap between graduation and work:the role of CPD in getting graduates ready for the labour market
- The tech-turn in interpreting, The translator as techie /The translator as centaur (see TEF2018 keynote)
- Presentation and discussion on cloud CAT tools (compared to installable ones) / Terminology management tools / MT / websites for translators & interpreters