INNOVATION IN AUDIOVISUAL TRANSLATION
This session will focus on the impact of new technologies and the technological skills that employers in audiovisual translation expect new recruits to have.
- Chair: Jorge DIAZ-CINTAS (University College London, LIND-Language Industry Expert Group)
- Panayota GEORGAKOPOULOU (Deluxe Media)
- Andrew LAMBOURNE (Leeds Beckett University)
- Diana SÁNCHEZ (Ericsson)
MAPPING MARKET NEEDS
How to determine the current and future needs of the translation market, based on the experience of teachers and graduates and the results of surveys.
- Chair: Kevin QUIRK (President, FIT - International Federation of Translators)
- Nataša HIRCI (University of Ljubljana)
- Špela VINTAR (University of Ljubljana)
- Rudy TIRRY (President, European Union of Associations of Translation Companies)
- Martin LE VRANG (European Commission, Dir-Gen. for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion)
DEVELOPING TRANSLATORS' SKILLS IN PUBLIC SERVICES
How do public translation services train their staff? Does such training differ from training in the private sector?
- Chair: Josep BONET (World Trade Organization)
- Rodolfo MASLIAS (European Parliament)
- Sandrine PERALDI (ISIT)
- Julie REMFORT (French Ministry of Finance)
- Claus LARSEN (European Commission, Directorate-General for Translation)