The conference will cover various aspects in the field of trade marks and geographical indications (GIs), with an emphasis on the interactions between these intellectual property rights. Experts will address issues such as:
- geographical indications as earlier rights in opposition trade mark procedures
- the growth of GIs as an intellectual property instrument worldwide since the creation of the WTO
- case-law of the European Court of Justice/General Court
- enforcement of GIs
- protection of non-agricultural GIs
- the interface between GIs and trade marks at international level
View the draft programme
The event is designed to encourage active discussion among participants about the challenges and the opportunities they face, either as institutional stakeholders or as right owners/beneficiaries.
The conference is co-organised by the European Commission’s department for agriculture and rural development and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Registration is open until the 24 September 2018.
For any additional information, please contact: TMGIconference@euipo.europa.eu