The Commission organised a webinar on low voltage direct current (LVDC) and direct current (DC) technologies for interested energy stakeholders (electricity companies, regulators, industries, building companies, academia and others).
The webinar aimed to:
- take stock of the actual technological development on LVDC and the related applications in different areas
- highlight the potentialities of applying LVDC technologies in any suited area of the actual electricity grid (industries, in homes, EV charging, etc.) as a valid contribution to the clean energy transition
- identify the barriers (technical, regulatory, standardisation) for further development
- collect input/recommendations for further actions
This event builds on the conclusions from 2 previous workshops organised by the Commission:
- 17 May 2018: DC – AC/DC hybrid grid workshop
- 4 February 2020: 2020 on Horizon 2050 power system and the role of HVDC technologies in a highly decentralised RES generation
The webinar presentations are available in a document management tool (CIRCA BC), which is accessible to all.