- 23 september: 13.30 - 18.00 (Europe/Brussels)
Thomas Blomqvist, Minister for Nordic Cooperation and Equality, Finland
Věra Jourová, Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
Keynote speech by Ingrid van Engelshoven, Minister for Education, Culture and Science, The Netherlands
Results from Eurobarometer 2019 with the focus on LGBTI equality.
Panel discussion: what challenges and discrimination do LGBTI people face in the EU?
- Terry Reintke, MEP, Co-President of the LGBTI Intergroup of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA (Germany)
- Edward Zammit Lewis, Minister for European Affairs and Equality (Malta)
- Michael O´Flaherty, Director, Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA)
- Evelyne Paradis, Executive Director ILGA Europe
- Dan Christian Ghattas, OII Europe (Organisation Intersex International Europe)
- Teodora Roseti-Ion-Rotaru, ACCEPT Romania (NGO)
Panel discussion: How can we advance LGBTI equality in the EU?
- Roberta Metsola, MEP, EPP (Malta)
- Rosa Lopes Monteiro, Secretary of State for citizenship and equality, (Portugal)
- Violeta Tomić , General Rapporteur on the rights of LGBTI people, Council of Europe, European Left (Slovenia)
- Jovana Trencevska, State Secretary (North Macedonia)
- Ari Kajtezovic, Transgender Europe
- Slava Melnyk, Managing Director KPH (Campaign Against Homophobia) Poland
Closing session : concluding remarks
Ulrike Lunacek. MEP (2009-2017), Greens/EFA (Austria), Rapporteur of the EU Roadmap against homophobia and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity
18:00 — Cocktail reception for participants